Stories are a fantastic way to inspire, motivate and educate your neighbors about what you are doing to save money and energy!
We have a few suggestions below to help make your story compelling and perfect for the Dashboard! If you have questions about your story, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help you!
Write a GREAT story!
- Stories are really effective when written in third person and written as an article, interview, or in Q&A format.
- Include a captivating title and teaser for the story to draw the reader in.
Organize the article to cover the who/what/where/when/how/why of your story—give a sense of why the people, places, products, and/or topics you are covering are important for your neighbors.
- Why did the person/business, etc. undertake their action or project?
- What were the challenges? How was a problem solved? Who helped find/reach the solution?
- What were the results? Money saved? Environmental benefits? People impacted?
- Tell us the story in your own words. Check out the stories already on the Dashboard to see which ones speak to you best. Keep the stories short and really focused on benefits, motivations, and resources tapped, but make it fun to read too.
- If your story, involves a particular technology, provide a brief technology description, or links to the technology.
- Include quotes from individuals in the story. Having quotes really livens up the stories. Some examples of what to ask: What did they learn from their experience? What was a challenge? How much did they save, etc.
- Summarize lessons learned for others that might be going through the same situation, with the underlying message of “You can do this too! Here is who to contact for more information.”
Ready to send your story? Fill out the form below and submit it to us!